Charles Knighton was educated at Magdalene College, Cambridge, where he compiled the Modern Manuscripts catalogue of the Pepys Library. He assisted Robert Latham in editing The Shorter Pepys and Latham’s volume for the Navy Records Society, Samuel Pepys and the Second Anglo-Dutch War. He has served since 2000 as principal assistant keeper of archives at Clifton College, Bristol.
His publications include:
• Pepys and the Navy (2003)
• The Anthony Roll of Henry VIII’s Navy (co-edited with Professor David Loades for the Navy Records Society) (2000)
• Letters from the Mary Rose
• The Navy of Edward VI and Mary I (Navy Records Society, co-edited with D Loades, 2011)
• Elizabethan Naval Administration (Navy Records Society, co-edited with D Loades, 2013)
• Pepys’s Later Diaries (2012)
To read the whole book please Become A Member.