Philip MacDougall, a former lecturer in economic history at the University of Kent, is a founder member of the Navy Dockyards Society, editor of the Society’s Transactions, and the author or editor of a number of books on maritime history. He specialises in the history of north Kent and the Chichester area, as well as in the history of both British and foreign dockyards.
• The Chatham Dockyard Story (1981)
• Royal Dockyards (1982)
• Chatham Dockyard in Old Photographs (1994)
• Chatham Dockyard, 1815-1865 (Navy Records Society, 2009)
• The Naval Mutinies of 1797 (with A V Coats, 2011)
• Chatham Dockyard: The Rise and Fall of a Military Industrial Complex (2012)
• London and the Georgian Navy (2013)
To read the whole book please Become A Member.